To achieve continuous blasting, the industry is used to choose for a so-called double chamber blast pot. These type of machines often have the same difficulties like: building height, accessibility of critical parts and the pressure instability during the refill of abrasive from the upper to the lower vessel.
In order to enable continuous blasting without any of these problems, Gritco has developed the unique Continuous Series. This series is based on two pieces ‘standard’ machines of which the abrasive metering valves are connected to each other.
- Both vessels are filled with abrasive after which vessel no. 1 is pressurized. When the blast process is started the air valve to feed the nozzle is opened together with the abrasive valve of vessel no. 1. Abrasive of vessel no. 1 now comes out of the nozzle.
- After a set time, vessel no. 2 is pressurized. Before vessel no. 1 runs out of abrasive, the abrasive valve of vessel no. 2 is opened. At the same time the abrasive valve of no. 1 is closed. Abrasive of vessel no. 2 now comes out of the nozzle.
- Vessel no. 1 is now depressurized so it can be automatically refilled from the abrasive silo.
- After the set time, vessel no. 1 is pressurized again. Before no. 2 runs out of abrasive the abrasive valve of vessel no. 1 is opened. At the same time the one of no. 2 is closed. Abrasive of vessel no. 1 now comes out of the nozzle.
- Vessel no. 2 is now depressurized so it can be refilled. Etcetera, etcetera…
- Continuous blasting with consistent result, also during change over of vessels.
- Designed for the large volumes of air which are necessary for the large nozzles and high blasting pressures which are commonly used with robot blasting.
- Independently controlled multiple abrasive outlets are possible.
- Easy removal of parts for quick and easy maintenance.
- Wear resistant metering valves for all abrasives. No problems with steel grits or fine aluminum oxide etc.
- Designed for the extreme conditions with robotic blasting like duration, compressed air pressure & volume and quantity of abrasive.
- Painted galvanized and non-ferrous fittings for a perfect corrosion protection.
- Complies with the European Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC (PED). Safety assured!
- The low design makes it possible to place the Continuous machine under most existing silos to integrate with your current system.